Where to do PhDs in EU AI Law and Regulation

 This has become a FAQ, so I decided to make a blogpost. Feel free to add to it in the comments or by emailing me. My own university, Hertie School, does have a PhD programme, but I'm more interested in people doing empirical research that allows me to make better policy recommendations, so for example work on transparency impacts of digitalising government, or on political polarisation.

Dear [prospective PhD student],

thank you for your interest in my work!  However, I'm not sure the Hertie School is the best place to apply for this kind of research. I think you might be better off in a technology law programme. Here are a few I've run into over recent years, and personally would be happy to visit again:

yours,

Joanna
Law is not my full time job... though happy to help!


Comments