Technological note to people who want me to speak for them

I use keynote, and prefer using my own laptop. If you have AN APPLE MACINTOSH COMPUTER RUNNING KEYNOTE, I can use your computer. If I discover that you have converted my talk into powerpoint and are running it off a PC, I will walk off stage. I'm not joking.  Here is the video of the very last time this ever will have happened to me where I did not quite walk off stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOs5GCg7Gfg 

It is not hard or slow to switch between laptops on an HDMI cable. Also, many conferences do use Apple and even Keynote these days. Either of these two options is OK with me. Do not trust your technical people if they tell you that they can run keynote and I won't notice. Be sure they actually are using a mac, or that they will connect my laptop, one or the other.


Comments