Honey Macadamia Oat Bread Recipe

I made this yesterday for a short party we had, and it was awesome, so I'm writing it down.  It's a hybrid of a recipe I found online (hard to find! you now have to google google's advanced search, which I needed to find something without pineapple or bananas but with macadamia nuts) and another honey one in my bread machine book.  This is the order that works in my bread machine, which is a "yeast first" kind.

  • 1/2 tsp of yeast
  • 400 g of white & whole wheat flour & porridge oats.  I did about 140g of each flour, then filled up with the oats.
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 2.5 tbsp of honey
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • slightly less than 4oz of macademia nuts (whatever came as a packet -- I had to crush them up with a hammer on the kitchen floor while they were wrapped in a tea towel.)
  • 1.5 cups of water
I ran it on the brown / whole wheat, "medium" (smallest) loaf size, and "quick" (3 hours).  It's quite fluffy / soft but really yummy, even without butter!  So I guess it's good vegan bread.


Comments