as time goes by...


Went to see Casablanca tonight in the Gartenbau Kino. I think I'd only seen it twice before -- the first with a small group of friends in college who booked the Doc Films screening center to watch it, and once in my condo on Aldine. It's a good enough movie not to watch with commercials or interruptions. Anyway, it's the first time I'd seen it since I've lived in Europe, so it was quite a different experience.

The Gartenbau is fantastic, 750 seats, never split up. The previous time I'd been there it was full (for Buster Keaton) but they are showing Casablanca 21 times (3 x a night for 7 days). I wouldn't say it was 1/21st full. Vienna is very dedicated to the arts and they keep this theatre for their big film festival. I hope the city can afford that forever...

Now I'm having dinner at 11:00 at night -- something Will can't do because of his stomach. Still, rather he were here!

Comments