Article from press conference

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/09/070911073916.htm

The great thing about this article is that they mention Hagen Lehmann, who did the coding, including mentioning something about his new work. This isn't all exactly what I meant to say, but as such things go I'm very happy about it.

I actually wound up in a pub with a lot of reporters (mostly from British tabloids!) last night, and one of the topics of conversation was why scientists don't like talking to the press. Honestly, I think it's like why some people hate having pictures taken. Is that *really* what I sound like? It's not what I meant to say! But all your friends say "no, that's a great photo/interview."

Anyway, this one really is pretty good :-)

Had lunch with my friend and co-editor on the special issue, Tony Prescott, who has just received a great promotion (skipping one step) to full professor. Well deserved! And then dinner with Will and his boss and his bosses former PhD supervisor and their wives in a nice restaurant in Nottingham (really! we found one!) Tomorrow morning at 7:40 I have a train to go back to Vienna :-( I love Vienna, but hate leaving without Will! He was meant to come this coming weekend, but now can't come until next Wednesday due to a work thing that came up.

Comments